Tyler and I have both talked about how exciting it would be to see a tornado, but when I was thinking about my kiddos safety it didn't sound so exciting anymore.
Luckily the tornado was only an F1, and there were only a few people injured.
We drove around and I tired to take some picture but alot of the areas where there alot of the damage were blocked off by police. there were alot of power poles and lines down there were working on. I felt kind of guilty driving by and taking pictures of people cleaning up and not getting out to help. I think it would have ben a great service opportunity, but with the baby girls and Jackson and Layton with 104 degree fevers stayed in the car.
There were a lot of trees, signs, and fences ripped down and and debri was scattered everywhere.
To top it off Jackson and Layton have pnemonia and Madison had an ear infection and her Kinsley both have stuffy noses. We spent most of yesterday at the clinic getting everyone looked over. Getting chest x-rays, and blood work done, and breathing treatments. Yuck!
I am just gratfeul Tyler works in the clinc so he could come over and help me with all the kids between patients. He really is the best! I don't know how I would do it without him!! We were pretty pathetic looking. Pushing the huge Limo stroller with the babies and carrying Layton and Jack around, they were so weak they could barely walk around. I'm sure we were a sight to see!
I am just hoping the girls don't get as bad as Laytona and Jack. The poor guys have been so sick for a week now. I hope they all get better soon!
12 comments:
Oh Man!! (that is Kylie's new phrase). None of that sounds fun at all. You already have your hands full with 5 kids, you are amazing to do it all with sick kids and tornados! I hope everyone starts feeling better!
No baby yet here, but I was dilated to a 2+ on thursday and 50% effaced, and I have lots of contractions...so it is bound to be soon, right?
I have more blog posts done, but scheduled them to post throughout the week to keep things interesting.
You deserve a medal! We need a picture of you in the wonder woman suit you guys had when you were growing up, I think it is appropriate for what an amazing mother you are.
Wow! What a week! How are the kids after the tornado excitement? Izzy still talks about the scar we had in Florida with the tornado. How are you? As if you don't already have enough on your plate! Wish I was closer so I could help. Your sister's music is beautiful by the way. I would love to buy her CD. I love piano music!
Ha ha! I 2nd what Natalie said. Plus that would be hilarious.
You really are wonder woman, super Mom, and an amaxing sister, all roled into one.
p.s. I hit reply to your comment out of habit. Dangit! you really should put your email (use your gmail one) on your profile, so that when you comment, I can email you back.
So, in response, I would love to run with you when you come. And believe me, I've gotten exponentially slower since last summer when we ran together in OK.
You could probably still beat me.
roled? Rolled?
I is smart.
I sure don't envy you! I hope everyone is doing better and that your little girls didn't catch the pneumonia. You guys are troopers!!!
Oh my goodness what an exciting week for you..I am glad you are all safe, and I hope the family gets feeling better, that is no fun to have so many kids sick!
Poor kiddos. I hope that they get feeling better soon. I'm amazed at your ability to take all of them to the clinic! What a feat, you amaze me.
Glad u guys are ok! You're girls are beautiful and I feel like you are handling it all sooo well!
Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you all are okay, at least from the twister. Colds, not so much. Hopefully everyone will get the meds and rest they need, especially mom and dad, so the family can be healthy again and enjoy spring.
~Stacey
Wow, how scary to be near a tornado! I hope all of the kids get well very soon- for their sakes and yours too!
I can only imagine! (All of it, the tornado & the sickness...when it rains it pours :)
Post a Comment