Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Timeout for Women

On saturday I was lucky enough to go to time out for women. My very sweet friend Becky called me from OKC to inform me they had an extra ticket I could use. It was totally worth the long drive there and was so uplifting. A few of favorites were Dean Hughes who wrote the 'Children of the Promise' series and talked about not being so competetive with each other and to be more meek and mild. I must admitt I can be extrememly competetive so I needed this! My other favortite was Merrilee Boyack. She spoke of involving our kids in giving of service and finding happinees and joy in life in and through service and teaching our children how they can feel that joy by involving them too. It was so inspiring, and I came home so rejuvenated and ready to try a harder. Lastly was Hilary Weeks who performed and spoke a little. Music is a passion of mine it is the best way for me to feel the spirit. She just spoke a little of motherhood and the challenges and the joys. She sang a beautiful song about motherhood I think it was called, 'If I Just Had Today'. Of course it made almost every girl there bawl. Including me, not that is is hard to get me to cry, I'm a baby!
Anyway I just wanted to write this mostly for me to remind me of my renewed desire to be better because knowing me I will probably need the reminder tomorrow.

7 comments:

Nick and Stacey said...

How awesome is that! I have seen posters around here for that thing. I think it sounds like so much fun! I am glad you were able to go, what a nice friend. It is always nice to go to those things and get a little rejuvenated!

Sher said...

I would love to go to something like that. I didn't know they did that. It sounds very uplifting.

Jessica said...

I'm happy you could go! Sometimes I think moms forget to take of themselves because they're so busy taking care of their families. I think you're right about doing service with your family. I always feel good when Nate and I do service together!

Terra said...

That's awesome. I love Dean Hughes too. I had him for a teacher at BYU. Thanks for sharing.

Spence said...

did you see a film of "called to seve" by the Choir and Orchestra? because we recorded one last sunday that was supposed to go out to some "time out for women conference" maybe you could've have seen me, I was last stand. But I;m sure there was alot more stuff to pay attention to. well Have fun Kristen!

Barney Family Blog said...

I didn't see that film Spence. wish I would have, I would have loved to see you. It was a two day conference and I only went for one day so maybe I just missed it. I did see the new Choir and Orchestra CD for sale. Did you help them record that one?

Spence said...

no they recorded that the month before I started. I rember the started sending me the emails about it though.