Last night I was trying to prepare my seminary lesson for the next morning while the kids kept coming up and needing something. I was getting a little annoyed, to be frank, because I was tired and just wanted to hurry and get it done. So in order to get them to leave me alone I promise I would share my lesson with them if they would let me read it first. I don't know why I hadn't thought of this before, but it worked. As soon as I finished Sydney reminded me of my promise and I related to them the story of Daniel in the Lions Den which they have heard before many times, and also Shadrach, Meshach,and Abed-nego, being put into the fiery furnace. They thought those names were so silly and would laugh every time I said them and King Nebechenezzar's name. We had so much fun and it was such a fun way to teach them the principle of trusting the Lord.
It made me reflect on teaching seminary. This has been such a tough year for me. I have really been struggling, for many different reasons. And I realize how I need to trust in the Lord more. Teaching seminary has been very difficult. It has been so hard to sacrifice that extra rest in the morning and very hard to prepare a lesson everyday. I have had many moments when I thought I could not do this anymore, which is actually how I felt last night until I sat down with my children to teach them the wonderful things I had learned, and I see how good it is for me, even though it is very hard. I needed this reminder to help me to be grateful.
12 comments:
What a wonderful insight, Kristen! I'm sure you'll look back on this year as one that taught you a lot- but I know how hard it can be. Have a good day- I'm glad I found your blog!
Kris-
you amaze me! You are the awesomest Mom ever! You're always finding wonderful opportunities to teach your kids. I wish I were more like you!
SHer
Wow, you are way better than me! I would probably move if I had that kind of calling. I can do any callings, but if I had to do early morning seminary with small children around ( that don't sleep through the night) that would rock my schedule and I would seriously think of moving, but it would probalby bite me in the butt later on down the road. Way to go sticking with it and finding positive ways to cope with your challenges. Sounds like somebody knew you were stressed and sent a brilliant idea in your mind to help you along. I love it when that happens.
I hope you get paid for that job, the teachers around here do.
Kristen, you are truly amazing! There is no way I could do that! No way! You are awesome! I am glad you found my blog, we will have to keep in touch now! Amazing family!!! You are the woman!
WAy to Go Kristen! You are some tuff stuff sista!
I think it's great that you find the positive in a difficult situation! It can be really hard to be positive sometimes, especially when you're going through something that's difficult.
You are so awesome, Kristen!! I admire you so much. You definitely have a better attitude about it than I did last year.
How cute is that! I bet your kids absolutely loved that! And of course they never forget when you tell them something. I bet you are the greatest seminary teacher.
You are awesome! I wish I could come to your class--I bet you're a great teacher.
Wow you guys are all so nice. Thank you for the very nice compliments. I can promise I am not the best seminary teacher but I appreciate the nice comments. Kristen beleive me if I could've moved I would have this is the only ward in like an hour radius!
I actually blame it all on my mom that we are here and I received this calling. While we were waiting to receive our assignment my mom told me she was praying that we would just go where we would be needed. Thanks mom! I told here she's not allowed to pray for that anymore! J/K! I love my mom!
Um...I am behind because I didn't know you taught seminary. How awesome, but way hard at this time in your lives. I still have LOTS to learn but I feel when we give our all to the Savior and his church, he gives his all to protect us from Satan. Not that we don't have trials and learning experiences, but lasting protection. Thanks for the lesson-love reading your blog.
in some ways, I am a little jealous you get to teach seminary. It is something i secretly wish I could do. Knowing you, Kristen, you are wonderful at it. the faith you have to persevere will bring so many blessings to so many lives. I love that your children loved to be told those stories. I love fhe with Melia. I know we could do more. anyway, thanks for the blog.
Post a Comment