Thursday, March 12, 2009


After our girls were born they lost a little too much weight and had jaundice and since they were early they wanted to monitor them for a while. So we stayed in the hospital a few extra days. They weren't nursing really well at first because they were so sleepy so we ended up feeding them out of a cup. Who knew you could feed abbies from a cup. They got better about waking up though and to keep my milk supply up I would nurse each one and would pump after each feeding it got pretty tireing doing night and day. The whole process would take about 1 1/2 hours and would feed them at least every 3 hours. But they are getting plenty to eat and are nursing really well now. So I no longer have to pump. Yea!
Also while in the hospital they put both Madison and Kinsley under the lights for jaundice for one night each. The poor girls hated it so we were glad they only needed one night of that. I had been discharged from the hospital, but they let me stay in my room. We were in the hospital until Monday, it was so nice to come home.



Taking the girls home from the hospital. Madison is on the left, Kinsley on the right.


I think at our girls might be wondering what they got themselves into, we have fun but we're a little crazy!

Hanging with Grandma Terry, we are so glad she is here! I don't what we would do without our grandmas!

5 comments:

Cali said...

Looks like you are having so much fun--along with a lot of exhaustion I am sure! I am so glad that Terry was able to make it out there, it is so wonderful to have extra help!

Your beautiful girls almost (ALMOST) spark a desire for twins in me! But, I really don't think that I could EVER handle it, I know how much work my brother and I were for my mom! You are amazing, truly you are. And your Madison and Kinsley couldn't have come to a better home.

Jenny said...

Wow! I am so glad you posted more pictures...I check back every day. I really hope you are getting some sleep. I am glad the girls are doing so well. Your family is beautiful!

Andrea Barney said...

Keep the pictures coming! Like Jenny, I check daily to see pictures of the girls. Lizzie and I love to look at them! We are so happy for you.

Nick and Stacey said...

Oh I am glad everything is better now! It is so hard having your little ones have to be under those lights! You are such a cute little family! I bet it is nice to be home, and especially with all that help!

Jessica said...

Oh they are so cute! Your little family is just adorable. I'm glad everything is working out for you and that you have some help!