
This past week has surely been a whirlwind of emotions. On Saturday morning, August 23, we received a phone call that Tylers' brother Scott's fiance Mandy was killed in a tragic plane crash the previous night. Our hearts were broken as we imagined what Scott must be feeling. We never met Mandy, but because Scott loved her, we loved her too. We immeditaly packed up and headed out to be with our family. Visiting with Scott brought so much comfort to our hearts. Although it was very effident his poor heart was broken, his has stood as such a wonderful example to me of unwaivering faith.
Going to her funeral was so special too. I loved hearing the stories of Mandy, because we never met her, it was easy though to see why Scott fell in love with her. She was not only Miss Hurricane but she was also a member of the FFA and raised a cow. Really how cool is that!! Her sister spoke of how she would go out and rest her head on her cow and talk to her. I really loved that story. In Scott talk at her funeral he spoke of one of the quotes she had written in her journal, "Life is too short to sit around". As simple as that is it really taught me something, especially when you consider Mandy. Life is short, too short to miss opportunities to serve each other, to procrastinate doing what is right, too short to be selfish.
As this past week we have felt so much saddness for this last, I also feel so grateful for what I have also learned. I feel my faith and testimony of our Heavenly Fathers' plan has increased, I have an increased desire to do and be better, I have learned alot from Scott and Mandy.
10 comments:
We were so shocked when we heard the news--they even showed the crash on the news stations here. My heart aches for Scott and for Mandy's family.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It is true, Life is too short to sit around. And I just finished yelling at Collin for not taking a nap--I feel horrible now! I better go and make amends. Thanks for your post--I really needed it today. I hope that Scott is doing alright.
They sure made a cute couple. It's good to hear that he has such a good attitude about it.
I can't imagine how hard it must be.
p.s.
your comments on my blog made me laugh so hard. You are soooo funny!
p.s. did you see this blog?
http://heidisrecipes.blogspot.com/2008/09/ebelskivers-danish-pancakes-by-guest.html
That really is so sad. Events like that can help people take a step back and evaluate their life. I know I sweat the small stuff too much. Life really is too short to take anything you have for granted. I hope Scott is doing alright.
I can't believe that, it does make you realize how short life is. Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and her family. Things like that I think have to make your faith grow, otherwise I think you would go the whole opposite way!
P.S. You can't tell at all that him and Tyler are brothers ;)
Wow, Scott looks a lot like Tyler. It sounds like he is doing well though. We love you guys, it was sure good to see you!
WOW. I am so sorry to hear about Mandy. My husband was born & raised in Cedar. Two of the plane crash victims were in my brother in law's ward. Their funeral was Sat. This was so tragic. We had heard that there was a pretty young girl who had just got engaged...Mandy. I am so sorry for the loss of this special girl. I am so thankful for the gospel and the blessings of eternal families. Please email me your email address so I can invite you (our blog is private).
That is so devastating! I can't even imagine going through something like that. She seems like she was adorable.
How sad! You hate for anyone to have to go through that. Hopefully he is ok...really makes you think of how fragile life is!
I had tears in my eyes when I read that!! Losing a loved one is always so hard. They are a beautiful couple!! You guys have such great attitudes!!
Post a Comment