
I hestitated to put Syd in swimming lessons. I was worried because she started out this summer and all of her life really terrified of getting her face in the water. It was always a battle washing her hair because she was so worried about water getting in her eyes. However all that has changed! My first clue that this was going to be great was after her first day she decided she now wants to be a swim teacher when she grows up. It must have been pretty darn good, because for the past year Sydney wanted to grow up to be a store person, not the person that works in the store but the person that buys things. Anyway, she now swims underwater, will hold her breath underwater,and learned to float, and do the front and back stroke. All in just 2 weeks of swim lessons. She now loves the water!!
10 comments:
I love that! Tell her when I grow up I would like to be a store person also! She is so darn cute! I am glad she loves the water now, she must have a great swim teacher!
That is great that you found a good swim teacher. It is always nice to see children overcome things that are hard for them.
I couldn't help commenting on this one. My kids all hated water in their eyes also.
Wow, that's awesome! I think Paity is digressing, I need to get her in swimming lessons.
Perfect! Sydney, you can teach all your little cousins to swim when they are a few years older.
What a little mermaid Sydney is! Way to go, girl!
Having the pool this summer has done wonders for Maddy as well. Same struggles with washing her hair; it was a nightmare every time. It's hard to teach them not to be afraid of the water and yet respect it and always swim safely.
Bravo!!!
~Stacey
That's awsome! Swim lessons are great! When I grow up, I want to be a store person too!
Wow I didn't realize she was that afraid of the water. It sounds like my Baylie. Swimming lessons did NOT help her. At least not this year. Maybe next year!
Good job SYD!
Sydney is funny. I miss playing with your kids. In fact, I miss all of you guys. We should talk more. I'm off to provo in two weeks. Crazy huh?
Good for Sydney! I want to be a store person when I grow up too.
Wow! Sydney is so brave to overcome her fear of the water. Looks like you guys have had a really fun summer!
Post a Comment