



Today was Syd's 1st day of Kindergarten. This day has come so fast and my heart is overwhelmed with emotions today. First of all I am heartbroken. Kindergarten is all day here, which breaks my heart to have my little girl gone all day. It just seems so long.
Secondly, I feel so blessed! I feel so blessed to have the gospel in my life. Not only does it give me perspective on days like this,to know that letting go and letting Syd make choices on her own and learn is an important eternal lesson, but I am so grateful for the direction the gospel has given me in teaching her what she needs to know to enter the world without me. I know I have not been perfect and there are things I would do differently, but I gave her the best I could. I am also grateful this day for the peace I have felt sending Syd to school. I am grateful to know that this is right for her and she will be okay.
Thirdly I am happy for the time I can take with my boys, and the time they will have together to play.
9 comments:
Oh my goodness...she is so darn cute! I bet she is the cutest Kindergartener in her class...that is so hard I know i will have a hard time sending Mitchell to school...but like always you have a great perspective on it!
Wow your kids are growing up. That's wierd. I need to see them again at least once before I leave on my mission. How is life? Does Tyler like the air force?
ALL DAY KINDER!!! I'm so jealous.
I can't believe our little girls are kinders now, crazy how fast time flies.
I was more sentimental about Devin starting kindergarten. His first day happen to be Sept. 11, 2001. I was torn between watching what was going on, fearful of what it meant for the near future and sending my baby away from me while it all went down.
Maddy will be the last of my Farmers to go, just that will be hard enough but we're so excited. Mom will get to go to school after 15 years of classroom hiatus. Don't start counting how old I am! lol
Don't worry, she'll love it and appreciate you all the more when she comes home.
~Stacey G.
Wow, Kris--
Every single time I read your blog, or talk to you on the phone, or see you, I think you are seriously the most awesomest mom EVER.
Your kids are so lucky to have you.
You make my cry...I wish I could be as great as you are!
Sydney, let us know how it went. What was your favorite part, and what was the hardest? Help your mom write the next post so we can all know how kindergarten is.
Love ya!
Time goes by so fast, especially when you have kids. Sydney is the cutest! She will be such an awesome little student. You guys should move here by the time she's in 3rd grade and then she could be in my class! Just kidding! I actually hope I'm not still teaching in 3 years but you never know!
Wow, what a flood of memories your post gave me. They do grow up fast. You just have to enjoy them, they are soooo sweet at this age. I love the pics.
WOW!! I can't believe that Sydney is that old. That is crazy. But it looked like she was way excited. How did the first day go?
Is Sydney really in kindergarten already? Crazy! How fun for her. How did it go? Does it seem like a really long time to have her away? How are you doing, Kristen? I'll totally cry and cry the day Collin has to start kindergarten--thankfully it is a few years away!
I loved hearing you testimony. Thanks for reminding me of how important my time is with my little ones right now, and of my responsibilities to teach them gospel truths now that will strengthen them and prepare them for times when I am no longer able to be with them. You are such a wonderful example.
Post a Comment