Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Fun!


Halloween was so much fun!! I love seeing the excitement in my kids about getting dressed up and getting all those treats. We started out our Halloween day with orange pancakes. Thanks to my cute sister in law McKel who shared the idea of putting food coloring in her pancake batter to make it more fun,it's an easy way to make breakfast part of the holiday fun. Later the boys and I went to Sydney's school to watch her Halloween parade. They love going to Syd's school and are so excited to see her in her classroom. It was fun to see her excited to see us there too! We then went and did some trick or treating on base and then went to our wards Halloween party and trunk or treating. We all had alot of fun and the weather was great, we didn't even need jackets on. Tyler took the kiddos around trick or treating and I handed out the candy at our car.When he got back he was telling me all the cute things our "jack"o'lantern was saying, so of course I had to take him around again to watch my cute little guy. At each stop he would repeat what the person giving the candy would say like "there you go", and he said "thank you" after treat give away and then wait for eye contact from them to wave and say "bye". He has really taken off with his talking and it is so cute and fun to watch. Layton I think was just thrilled to wear his batman costume and all day he sang a song "Im going trck or treating!" Sydney had fun walking around the trunk or treat with her friends and made several rounds through the cars.
Tyler and I just got a kick out of watching them in all their excitement. It was a great night!!!

10 comments:

Stacey said...

A Halloween parade at school! I remember those!!! They're so much fun and I'm so disappointed that my farmers have never been in a school that allowed it.

Syd is always a princess, costume or not. Did Layton run around saying, in his most husky voice, "I'm Batman." Jackson is too cute. I would have never guess that he would repeat what the treaters were saying. How cute!!! So what were you and Tyler?

Happy Post-Halloween!

~Stacey

Aleese and Scott said...

Sounds like you had a great Halloween! I love the picture! Their costumes are very fun, you have such cute kids! Also sorry about the flood, that is terrible!! I am glad everything worked out!

Arritt said...

They look great! I'm glad you had awesome Halloween weather too!

Mckel said...

Hey the kiddos look too cute! We had orange pancakes just like you guys :)
No fair that you had nice weather...we froze! I can't believe Jackson is talking--is he that old? Glad you guys had a good Halloween!

Jessica said...

So cute! Ava was a pumpkin too! It was actually warm here too which is so weird. It is a lot of fun to watch kids have fun.

Andrea Barney said...

They look darling. I bet they kept you running all night! Miss you guys!

Krazy Kat said...

Your kids look cute. I see you gave up on the jack in the box idea. Oh well maybe next year. You need to start posting pictures of your belly so we can see how big you are getting.

Kaydee said...

Kris!! Again your kids are so cute. I love blogs because I can look at your blog and get such a fun glimpse of how big your kids are getting and how cute their personalities are! love you!

Sher said...

I don't know why i keep doing this!
I check your blog and read a post I know I've already read, and thought I commented, but then, there's no comment from me. Weird.
The kids look so cute in their costumes!
I haven't talked to you in a few days. How are you doing?
I'll probably call you tomorrow....

April said...

Fun Halloween! You have such a cute Family!