Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mother May I

So today in Seminary we were studying the story of Hannah in Samuel versus Eli. Hannah desperately wanted to have a baby and promised the Lord that he would bless her with a child she would return him to the Lord. She lived to up to that promise. Eli didn't nessesarily teach his sons to sin, but in the scriptures is said that he honored his sons more than the Lord when his sons sinned, he told them what they did was wrong, but did not do anything more. It just got me thinking about how important it is to teach my children not only to not do wrong, but choose the right. And when they do make a wrong choice to help them to repent and do better. This was a good reminder to me, I know I have already made lots of mistakes thus far, hopefully I have learned from them and do better. It makes me appreciate the opportunity to study these stories that I am really not very familiar with. I'll have to remind myself of this when my alarm goes off in the morning.

7 comments:

KellyAnne said...

I'm glad you like our quote blog. I never know if other people will get it or not! Sometimes you had to be there. :)
I love that you are blogging now! It makes me miss you guys though. Can't believe how big your kids are getting, and still stinking cute!

Kaydee said...

Your new little guy looks like Sydney and you to me, and Layton still looks like Tyler. I am glad that you are blogging so I can keep up with what is going on with you!!

Sher said...

OK, Kris, I went and started something, but it doesnt look anything like yours, and I can't figure out how to send invitations for people to see it, or how to do anything.
Why don't you help your electronically challenged sister!
Sherrie

Cali said...

That is so cool that you are teaching seminary--you are amazing. I'll bet the class loves you. You must be sooooo busy. But what a great way to keep on top of doing your own scripture study--that's an area where I definitely struggle. Not because I don't enjoy it or don't want to; I just simply forget to get it done before I go to bed. Nate and I always read together, but I really need to be doing my own study as well.

Sher said...

Kristen!
How do I add you as a contact on my blog?
This is too confusing. Am I just dumb?
Help!
Sherrie

Cali said...

In case you don't look for a comment back to you from me on my blog--here's the info for changing the look of your blog. I got this site from Debra, it is sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com. She walks you through step by step what to do. It took me awhile to get it all done, but it was fun to figure it out a bit.

Speaking of Debra--she would like an invite to view your site. Good luck with any updates you end up doing!

Sher said...

Kris,
I like the new look of your blog!
Good job.
Stay cool. Have a good summer.
Sher