Thursday, January 21, 2010

Free Zoo Day

Monday was my birthday. It was such a nice day. Mostly because the kids were so excited about it being my birthday. On Sunday Jackson kept trying to take me to look at my presents he and Ty got at the store the night before. He was pretty determined I should see what I was getting the next day. Sydney made little signs and colored pictures of balloons. She woke Tyler up early on Monday morning and told him they had to decorate the house before I woke up. She is such a sweetheart. So I woke up to see little sayings and pictures of balloons taped to the walls, She also taped a sign on a chair at the table for me that said" birthday girl!" I got such a kick out of it. What a thoughtful girl! Tyler and the kids made me a special birthday breakfast and yummy ice cream birthday cake.
Then we went to the zoo, Ty and the kids were off for the holiday and it was 65 degrees, so we went down to the Zoo it was fun to get out an enjoy some nice weather and walk around a bit. I really don't get out as much as I use to, and I really enjoyed just walking around, and it was fun to see the kids get out and enjoy it too. Even Kins and Maddy seemed to enjoy getting out in the fresh air.




Layton posing his sweet kung fu moves for the camera!



They loved watching these black bears. They would walk right up next the glass, it was funny to watch the kids flinch a little when the bear came right up next to them.


Kinsley and Maddy getting their wiggle out before we buckled them back in the car for the long ride home. Its harder on them when they don't have a place to crawl around.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Okay, it's official. My vote is for you guys to come home so we can get to know the personalities of all your fun kids!

Looks like you had a fun day. I love that Sydney took the time to make your birthday extra special.

Nick and Stacey said...

How fun is that! Seriously you have the cutest kids ever! i cannot believe how big those little twins are getting! Have you decided what you are doing? ANd When? We need to come up and see you

Jason and Tricia said...

I just spent some time catching up on your posts, and your kids are so freakin cute! I love the twins. Those pictures made me smile. You have a gorgeous family! I bet you're one busy momma. ;)

Cali said...

What a fun birthday! I'm so glad that you had fun. The zoo can be a lot of work, but it sounds like you all had a great time. Fresh air truly is wonderful, isn't it?

Thanks for being such wonderful examples to us. We love your family so much. We hope you don't mind us naming our baby Tyler, but how could we not after the fun memories we made with you guys, and all of the good memories from Nate's childhood? We've always liked the name, and were happy to be able to remember your family as well in choosing to name him with it.

Happy birthday again, bella!