Friday, October 2, 2009

Jet Ride and Princess Ball

Last Friday Tyler got an incentive ride in the T-38. It is the jet that the fighter pilots fly while in pilot training before they go off to fly even faster jets like the F-16. He was excited and nervous to go. Aside from throwing up 7 times and feeling sick and for hours after, he said it was an awesome experience. He flew with our pilot friend Rob Shallenberger and had another friend Matt fly another person so they did formation flying I guess it is called. Tlyer said that was really cool to look out the window and see the plane and the people sitting in it right next to you. He said it was amazing how good they are at what they do as they would signal to each other certain moves to make. For which I am grateful so he could come back in one piece. Now if only I could get up in a jet! That evening Tyler and Sydney went to the Princess Ball. It is a Daddy daughter evening out they put on at the local childrens museum. Sydney had the time of her life with Dad. She got to dress up, put on make-up, dance with her Dad all night, and eat good food. After hearing about it all I thought next time I want to go!! Really it was so much fun to see her excitement for this and how happy she was to go on a date with Dad!!

4 comments:

KellyAnne said...

Justin here - Wow, flying in a Jet...That's definetely not a perk I will get to experience in my office! Very cool. And thanks for the reminder that I need to take Kara out on a Daddy/Daughter date sometime. Cool that your museum does that!

KellyAnne said...

How funny, I came to leave a comment and my name was already here! This time it's really me, KellyAnne. :)
The princess ball is such a cute idea! For a second there I thought that was a baptism dress for Sidney and I was thinking-- no way she's that old already! It's a beautiful dress though, where did you find it?
I love seeing pictures of your family!

Stacey said...

No way!!! I'm so jealous of both you and Syd. I'd love it, vomit or not. I see the F-15's and A-10's flyover to the range twice each day from Gowen Field and think that it would be so much fun to hitch a ride one of these times!

Syd.. you are beautiful!!! Daddy Daughter Ball, what a special night for the both of you. You are a princess!

~Stacey

Natalie said...

THat is so cool that he got to ride in a jet. I have always wanted to do that but it's not something very many people get to do. I love that he threw up 7 times, what is a ride in a jet without throwing up?