Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Weekend Fun

I actually was waiting for Tyler to post this because he said he might actually write a post on our blog, however after a while I thought I better do it for him. Besides I needed to post about our Thanksgiving too. After a wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner with our great friends here,and might I add it was a really great dinner. Our friends have an 11 year old daughter who took care of all the kids eating in the other room, and even entertained them when they were done eating. We sat and ate our whole dinner without any interuptions. Amazing isn't it! It was so nice, great food and great company.
Anyway after dinner Tyler went out hunting with his friend Spencer, and they both got a white tail buck. It was Spencer's first time hunting and Tyler's first hunt in a long time. Tyler was so excited!!! It was so much fun to see him so excited, I only wish I could have been there to see him in action!!



Then on Friday night we got a babysitter and went out a spent the night with Spencer and Jamie out on her Dad's property where he has his ranch. It was so beautiful and peaceful, rolling hills, beautiful green pastures, and bare trees with their leaves all gone. It was so nice. I actually was amazed at how relaxed I was leaving the kiddos for the first time with a babysitter over night. We were lucky again to have great friends and knew they were in good hands.
Then on Saturday we just enjoyed a day at home with our munchkins. We definately missed them and it was nice to just play and have fun. We made a gingerbread house, from scratch which I have not done before. The kiddos had lots of fun rolling out the dough and cutting out the shapes, and of course decorating, and as if we hadn't eatedn enough sweets we finished it off roasting marshmallows in the fireplace and making smores. It was a great holiday weekend!
Watching the jollyranchers melt to maek the windows

Relaxing after our hard work

Our finished masterpeace, it did have a fence but Jackson got to it.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! And a night away to boot! What a blessing to have great friends that you feel comfortable enough to watch your kiddos. It's especially hard when you're with them all time... I know! lol

Good for Tyler, not so good for the white tail buck! Dave went shooting a local range, no animals involved and I think he was rather disappointed because of it. (Can't really hunt without anything to hunt.)

Love the gingerbread house! I wouldn't have gotten to the fence too! (Shh, don't tell!) JollyRancher window! So that's how its done. I suppose I should be more mommy-like and make one with the farmers.

You guys are awesome!

~Stacey

Nick and Stacey said...

Oh my goodness I think you win homemaker of the year! Your gingerbread house looks awesome! Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! Nice to get out and relax a little bit, especially in your condition! ;) How is everything going?

Spence said...

Kristen you should make your kids stockings out of the deer skin. that would be awesome! and put the antlers on the tree!

Cam said...

Hey Kristen- just wondering if you got the invite to our blog okay, it looks like your invite may have bounced back, so let me know if you're unable to access and I will try again. Thanks!
Camille

Stephanie said...

Hey Kristen~
You definately do get the homemaker of the year award. You think up such great things to do with your kids. I still haven't gotten up the courage to try cooking with the kids yet. Maybe for Christmas. Hmm! Anyways, congrats to Tyler for his buck. Hope all is well for you guys!

Sher said...

Wow Kris! I want you to help me make a Gingerbread house! The last one we tried didn't work our so well. You'll have to email me your gingerbread, and frosting recipe.
I'm tossing around the idea of making chocolates again this year. I'll send you some!