
On Monday we had an absolutely beautiful day it was 75 here, which I guess is out of the ordinary for February especially since it snowed on Tuesday. Funny eh! Anyway becuase it was so nice we went to the park on base with some other friends,after Sydney's school. For those of you who do not know (which would have included me 8 moths ago) at 5pm on base all the speaker around the base play "The Star Spangled Banner) and everyone is required to stop what they are doing and put your hand on your heart or if in uniform salute the flag. Even those who are driving in cars are required to pull over to the side. We have been on base when this has happened, but for some reason on Monday it really hit me. There were a ton of kids at the park running around soaking in the sun, but when the National Anthem began to play every child there stopped what they were doing and put their hand on their heart and looked up toward the flag. It was an amazing sight to see. I especially loved to see Sydney and Layton stop what they were doing and without prompting put their hands on their hearts and stood reverently for the anthem. It was such a wonderful feeling and I felt so grateful that my children were learning about patriotism at such an early age. I do think that we live in a wonderful and generous country. We give and sacrifice so much as a counrty to help those around us, and have so much opportunity and freedoms here.
6 comments:
Kristen! Hey, I was so glad to have found your blog on Kim's! Your kids are darling and so is your house. We too are "bloggers" but my blog is locked. We would love for you to visit if you want. Just drop me an e-mail (ky.mom.3@hotmail.com) and I can send you an invite. Love the picture of the flag...it is beautiful.
Hey Kristen-it's good to see you and your happy family. Your house is cute and big-can't wait till we have a house. I hope you are doing well in OK.
I appreciate your comment about the National Anthem. I love hearing it each day on base, and feel like I sometimes take being an American for granted. What a great country- we're so blessed!
By the way, your house is so cute!
That's awesome. I think its great that your family is having this experience, and especially that your kids get to see first hand how to respect our country through honoring our flag.
I am glad you found me! I was blog hopping the other day and wondering if you had a blog too, that's too funny. Your family is darling...that's no suprise to me. You are darling parents and have darling kids. I am glad we can keep in touch.
you are from china in the unga of bob.
Post a Comment